Toyota Extends Battery Warranty For 2020 Hybrid Electric Vehicles!Oct 11th, 2019
Scarborough, ON – October 10, 2019 – With nearly 20 years’ experience and more than 208,000 electrified vehicles sold in Canada, Toyota is putting more power behind its hybrid battery warranty a and we at Brimell Toyota could not be happier.
Today, Toyota Canada Inc. announced it will extend its hybrid battery warranty from eight years or 160,000 km to 10 years from date of first use, or 240,000 km, whichever comes first. This extension is valid for all model year 2020 Toyota hybrid electric vehicles. All other hybrid components will retain coverage under the Hybrid System Warranty at eight years/160,000 km, whichever comes first.
We’re happy to say that Brimell Toyota customers driving 2020 hybrids have thee most comprehensive warranty in the industry covering first ownership and all subsequent owners – making it even easier for Toyota to deliver the fuel efficiency, amazing range, dynamic performance, and positive environmental benefits that we know you crave even on the Scarborough streets.
“Toyota hybrid vehicles have been on our roads for almost 20 years and this new warranty extension is a testament to the benefits hybrid technology brings to our customers, our communities and our environment” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, Toyota Canada Inc. “In Canada alone, Toyota’s hybrid vehicle sales continue to grow every month. Just last month, we broke our annual hybrid sales record a full quarter early.”
Toyota is committed to more efficient powertrains and today, Toyota’s 2020 lineup includes six hybrid models:
- Fourth-generation Prius with available AWD-eboasts a combined fuel consumption of 4.4L/ 100 km.
- The Prius Prime, Toyota’s plug-in Hybrid now also has seating for five and a range of 1,035 km on a full charge and a full tank of gas.
- First-ever Corolla Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 4.5 L/100 km.
- Third-generation Camry Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 4.9 L/ 100 km.
- Second-generation RAV4 Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 6.0 L/ 100 km.
- New 2020 Highlander Hybrid with a manufacturer-estimated 6.9 L/ 100 km combined fuel consumption.
Brimell customers are encouraged to consult their Toyota Warranty and Maintenance Guide for more information on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that accompanies each vehicle.
The Toyota Hybrid System Warranty coverage is eight years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, for the following components:
- Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor)
- Hybrid Control Module (power management control module)
- Inverter with Converter
- The new Hybrid Battery Warranty is 10 years or 240,000 km, whichever comes first.
If you have any questions you can visit us at www.brimelltoyota.com or call 416-292-2241.